Corcoran Caterers was recently certified as a 3 star Green Restaurant by the Green Restaurant Association. Receiving 227.15 GreenPoints on the GRA’s rigorous certification scale and having implemented 78 environmental steps Corcoran Caterers has gone 127.15% above and beyond the minimum requirements necessary for certification.
Here are some of the efforts that we make to help protect the environment:
- Energy Star Ovens, Freezers, Refrigerators, Dishwashers, Steamers, Lightbulbs, and Printers
- More than 66% of all monthly food purchases are vegan
- Compost pre-consumer waste
- Donate to local food banks
- <1gpm Pre-rinse spray valves and faucet aerators to conserve water
- Green certified cleaning solutions
- Recycled furnishings within our office
To see the full list of all of our green efforts, please visit the link at the top of the page.
The Green Restaurant Association
The Green Restaurant Association is a national non-profit organization that provides the only official Certified Green Restaurant® mark in the country. For 23 years, the GRA has pioneered the Green Restaurant® movement and has been the leading voice within the industry encouraging restaurants to listen to consumer demand and green their operations using transparent, science-based certification standards.
To achieve green certification, food establishments must:
1. Accumulate a total of 100 points
2. Meet a minimum of 10 points in each of the following categories
- Water Efficiency
- Waste Reduction & Recycling
- Sustainable Food
- Chemical & Pollution Reduction
3. Have a full-scale recycling program and be styrofoam free